Fuel valve test rig / VPU 900 CAT
Fuel valve test rig for troubleshooting of electronic Caterpillar Unit Injectors
The VPU 900 CAT unit injector test rig for electronic CAT 35xx / 36xx unit fuel injectors is a small test rig comprised of two systems:
• A pneumatic-hydraulic system + physical injector insert for testing of mechanical function of nozzle. The physical insert replaces the “pump” element of the unit injector.
This system is purely mechanical and allows for:
– Test of nozzle spray pattern
– Verification of nozzle tightness (nozzle sealing).
• A pneumatic-electronic system, with electronic making it possible to verify solenoid coil functionality. The solenoid is used to control start / stop of fuel delivery (timing and amount of fuel injected). To verify actual physical activation of the solenoid blocking system, air is led through the system. The air-flow will stop if the solenoid activates correctly.
This system allows for
– Test of solenoid coil (resistance test)
– Test of solenoid activation
The system is simple to use and is a go / no-go test solution. In case any of the four tests fails, the unit injector should be replaced with a known-good unit injector.
|Air consumption||375 l/min @ 6 bar input|
|Weight||17 kg with valve holder|
|Suitable for engines||Caterpillar 3500/3600 w. electronically controlled unit|
|Pressure (bar) output@input||900 bar @ 8 bar input|
|Hydraulic gauge||Class 1.0|
|Hydraulic outlet||CEJN 116 female coupling for CAT connection piece|
|Power supply||230 VAC 50/60Hz (115VAC on request)|
|Pull/hold current range||6A pull current 4A hold current|
|Hydraulic flow (l/min)||0,45 l/min @ 6 bar input|
|Pneumatic inlet||1/8" Ø8|
|Dimension (LxWxH mm)||450 x 250 x 370|