Knutsen OAS Shipping, Norway
- 2 LNG vessels
- 4 Wärtsilä 50DF engines onboard each ship
- Total of 45 cylinder liners
- Already have VSL and DGL onboard, as these were delivered with the engines.
The two LNG vessels from operates in the North and South Pacific oceans with a busy schedule.
As it is difficult to bring these vessels ashore for maintenance, it is important to Knutsen OAS, that the crew is able to maintain the 4 Wärtsilä 50DF engines with safe and efficient machines in order to avoid engine failure.
With the onboard maintenance package from Chris-Marine, Knutsen OAS has purchased the optimal tools for recitifying liners, spindles and seats in order to secure that both vessels can fulfill their duties with their engines running smoothly.
Knutson’s benefits of the purchase is:
- The crew can respond fast to break downs
- They become independent of workshops
- The investment is paid back after just 2 overhauls