Automatic honing machine / HON A
Automatic Honing Machine
Automatic honing machine for restoration of medium speed engine cylinder liner geometry and surface structure.
The electrically-driven honing and deglazing machine features adjustable stone pressure and a programmable handheld PLC controller, which includes automatic stroke control functionality and ability to specify the exact cross pattern angle.
As the automatic honing machines is fully electric powered there is no need for compressed air.
Furthermore, the new honing machine allows for even better cylinder liner maintenance as it boasts a range of advanced features that helps the operator to ensure the optimal honing result:
- Automatic stroke control
- Less noise than when driven with compressed air
- Exact cross angle pattern
- Easy setup and start-up of job
- Exact liner surface cross-pattern angle can be set from the controller
- Safe to use – cannot go beyond set turning points while running
- Speed and stroke length can be adjusted during operation
- Synchronized vertical and rotational movement
- Adjustable honing stone pressure
- Can be used with existing Chris-Marine HON S /S2 heads
- You only need one hoist and one gearbox regardless of the honing head
New features enhance safety and ease-of-use!
- Handheld controller and electrical hoist & drive unit
Handheld controller for all functions and settings to facilitate honing. Synchronized electric hoist and drive unit combined with automatic stone pressure control increases honing efficiency and enables adjustment during honing.
- Chain slack detector (optional)
The patented chain slack detector stops the machine if there is slack in the chain from the hoist. This can occur for instance if the stone pressure is too high, thus preventing the honing head from sliding down in the liner.
- Torque wrench and adapter (optional)
A kit that improves stone pressure accuracy has recently been introduced. The kit includes a torque wrench and an adapter that significantly reduce honing time and risk for human error.
- Vibration dampers
Chris-Marine has recently introduced vibration dampers in order to minimize head wear, avoid vibration patterns in the cylinder liner and improve productivity.
- Honing cage (optional)
The solid honing cage increases safety for the user.
|Power||3-phase 380-415V 50/60Hz 2kW|
|Working range||150 – 670 mm|
|Honing Liquid||We recommend the Chris-Marine honing liquid to achieve optimal honing results.|
|Working range||Type S 4-arms||Type S2 8-arms|
|150 – 200 mm||S15/20|
|190 – 230 mm||S19/23|
|210 – 290 mm||S21/29|
|280 – 420 mm||S28/42|
|320 – 500 mm||S32/50||S2 32/50|
|490 – 670 mm||S2 49/67|