Valve Seat and Recess Lathe / VRL
A multi-purpose tool for in-situ machining of valve seats and seat recesses on 4-stroke medium speed diesel engines
The VRL is a multi-purpose tool for in-situ machining of valve seats and seat recesses on 4-stroke medium speed engines.
VRL makes it possible to restore seat surface and angle of worn seats to original specifications, as well as modify size of cylinder head recess for fitting of oversized seats.
The portable lathe is electrically driven and easy to operate. Thanks to its robust design and incorporated features, high quality result is achieved quickly, even under the most demanding operating conditions.
Features of the Chris-Marine VRL:
- Valve seats from 55 to 230 mm diameter
- Recesses from 74 to 200 mm diameter
- Pre-set machining angles according to customer’s requirement
- Adjustable for different machining diameters.
- Pre-sets for multiple engine types possible
- Self-centering pilot spindle
- Adjustable depth of cut
- Electrically driven
- Automatic feed mechanism
- Stepless adjustable rotation speed
- Optional: Diameter measuring tool
The VRL is available for several engine maker such as: Bergen, MAN B&W, Wärtsilä, Sulzer, Caterpillar, etc.
|Electrical power supply||1-phase 180 – 252 V, 48 – 62 Hz|
|Power required||0.37 kW|
|Max dimensions||H: Machine 472 mm + Spindle 185 – 1100 mm W: 250 × 192 mm|
|Valve seat recess machining|
|Machining range||74 – 200 mm seat recess diameter|
|Machining length||Vertical: 60 mm Horizontal: 17 mm|
|Valve seat angle machining|
|Machining range||55 – 230 mm valve seat diameter|
|Machining length||30 mm|